Data Science is concerned with extracting intelligence from data. This is done by applying cutting-edge techniques from Statistics, Mathematics and Computer Science. The amount of data involved ranges typically from small, medium, and big scales and of different formats. The techniques used to understand the modern abundance of data are at the intersection of computing and mathematics, including statistics and machine learning, and there is a high demand in the industry. In our daily lives, we are involved in activities that generate vast amounts of data, e.g., social media, shopping, finance, and biological processes. A qualification in bachelor’s in Data Science is thus in line with the mandate. Furthermore, the qualification will aid in making data-driven decisions in the bid to attain Sustainable Environment and Sustainable Economic Development.
What we offer
Candidates admitted to this program will benefit from the following:
- Benefit from the holistic teaching approach that instils not just the knowledge but the practical skills that will be deployed throughout your career.
- Leverage opportunities to learn directly from peers and professionals in the industry through exchange programmes, internships and industrial training placements.
- It opens doors for aspiring data scientists and related professions.
- Partner with local organizations to provide students with real-world experience where they are defining problems, collecting data, cleaning that data and interpreting the outcomes.
- Recognizes issues in everyday business, and applies data science for a better understanding of data-driven management decisions to get an edge over the competition.
Graduates of this program can
- Apply data-driven model in various fields like finance, biology, health, education, agriculture and another field.
- Communicate in technical and non-technical terms concepts of Data Science in different sectors of the economy.
- Develop new data and processing models.
- Apply developed models to various problems.
- Develop multiple programming languages used for expressing solutions.
- Safeguard the ethical use of data in all aspects of their profession.
- Work effectively in a team.
- Communicate effectively.
- Develop research skills.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills.
- Data Analyst
- Data Mining Engineer
- Data Architect
- Data Scientist
- Senior Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Machine Learning Scientist
- Clinical Data Managers.
* Important note: The programmes offered in this website/advert are accredited by BQA and offered at Botho University at the time of publication. Please refer to your offer letter from our admissions department for any changes in programme name or duration that may be affected due to regulatory requirements.